WIREWAX is honored to be officially named Facebook Marketing partners! Leveraging your Facebook audience is a great way for social-savvy brands to drive an engaged and loyal audience to your interactive experiences.
There are several ways to promote your interactive video to your Facebook audience, both natively and non-native.
From an organic Facebook Post or Story
First (and this is the recommended workflow) consider promoting your interactive video to Facebook even if you’ve used the WIREWAX player somewhere else (like your website). Add a short ‘teaser’ video, gif or an image with text that links to your video’s landing page as the pre-click video. This can even be done from a Facebook or Instagram story “swipe up”.
If you don’t have your own video landing page, you can just use the direct link to the video from WIREWAX.
Though this strategy will not allow the video to be interactive in-feed, it will still open up in either the Facebook or Instagram browser so your viewer doesn’t need to leave the app.
For the best experience, try creating a vertical interactive video especially suited for mobile viewing.
*Please note: WIREWAX will not appear in the Facebook feed or Facebook Canvas formats, like native Facebook videos. This is a restriction enforced by Facebook on all third-party video technologies.*
From a Facebook or Instagram Ad (post or story)
You can use the same strategy to link to your interactive WIREWAX experience from a promoted Facebook or Instagram post or story. Simply follow these Facebook Ad Manager instructions; we’ve highlighted a few key points below.
1. Create a mockup in the Facebook Creative Hub
2. Select your ad type for Instagram or Facebook
3. Select a video or image as the pre-click video/image. For Facebook it can be any size, but ideally 4:5 and around 10 seconds
4. Website URL is where you need to enter your WIREWAX link (post click link). Copy and paste the embedder link from the Embed tab in WIREWAX Studio. The full URL will look something like this: http://embedder.wirewax.com/8181564/?autoStart=true&
5. Add a ‘Call to Action’. This can be anything but we like ‘Watch More’ the best
6. Send your mockup to your mobile device to test. It will look something like this (be sure to open this link on mobile)
7. Once you’re happy with it, you can import the mockup to Ad Manager and select your inventory.
Check out the video below for a quick demonstration:
If you’re an approved publisher, you can natively use WIREWAX in Facebook’s Instant Articles (on mobile only) using the iframe code for the video. Note: The publisher or brand must be approved by Facebook for Instant Articles.
On Desktop, you can use WIREWAX natively in Facebook featured tabs using our friends over at WooBox. See an example here. Featured tabs lets you customize the tab with any HTML elements (including a WIREWAX video). We don’t recommend this method as the sole distribution point for your interactive video, but it can be a complementary landing page to your proprietary site.
Have questions about Facebook distribution? Holler at us @ email@example.com.